Weekly Highlights (#3)- 10.09.15

It’s that time again, where I sum up the week in a ‘best of’ type post, saving you from spending the hours I have searching the net, watching videos and doing other such productive/unproductive tasks…oops.

(Drum roll please!) Here are the highlights of the week:

Top TV show to watch: Nashville.
If you’re like me and country music doesn’t really interest you, don’t let that stop you from giving Nashville a watch. On the surface the show follows the rivalry between two mega country stars, but as you keep watching an underbelly of betrayal, lies, addiction, family struggles, love and lust are uncovered. It sounds a bit cliche but it actually makes for a really interesting show that’s about much more then just country music. I’ve found myself looking forward to each new episode and honestly I’m surprised at how attached I’ve gotten to the characters, considering I’m only on season 1! Pre-warning though, this show will make you want to speak with a country accent…

Top website to explore: The Haute Mess.com
If you’ve read my ‘Face behind the blog’ post then you’ll already know that I’ve become a content creator for The Haute Mess. While I’m probably a little bias because of this, I still love the site regardless. With different sections (Wellness, Digs, Work, Beauty, Fashion, Food) I always find something to keep me entertained, no matter what mood I’m in. The content on the site is written by multiple contributors, but each post has a distinctly humorous and light hearted tone to it which makes the content really easy to engage with. If you find yourself having moments where you just think “I’m such a hot mess right now,” then I think in particular you’d really enjoy this site.

Top Instagram account: Humans of New York (@humansofny).
There’s a high possibility you already know of Humans of New York, but incase you don’t, it’s basically images of different people accompanied by a personal story or quote from the person featured. I loved the HONY book, but I love the Instagram account even more. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been scrolling through multiple beauty images, selfies and outfit pictures on Instagram only to come across a picture of a complete stranger with a caption to the image that really tugs on the heart strings. Humans of New York is a great reminder that you really can’t judge a book by its cover. So if you’re looking to break up your Instagram feed with something a little more substantial, I would highly recommend following this account.

Top beauty product: Nars Sheer Glow Foundation.
Recently in an effort to try and use up a neglected Tarte foundation of mine I’d been mixing it with my Sheer Glow. The results were OK, but nothing compared to when I finally tried Sheer Glow on its own again. Buildable medium coverage, slightly dewy, doesn’t cling to dry patches, lasts all day and glides onto the skin with ease when applied with a beauty blender- I just remembered why this is HG status for so many beauty lovers.

What have you been loving lately?

58 responses to “Weekly Highlights (#3)- 10.09.15”

1. I totally love Humans of NY, too! The stories are always my favorites to read:-) This week I've been loving my MoviePass–a cool subscription program that allows you to pay one flat fee a month to see as many films in the theater as you can! Haha needless to see I've been catching up on all my movies;-)

2. May Cho says:

I love Humans of New York; it's such a lovely, story-filled account! I've been loving sleep lately. Because I don't get enough of it, ha!

May | THE MAYDEN | Bloglovin'

3. I love Nars Sheer Glow and for the past 3 / 4 years, nothing has come close xx

franklyflawless.com

4. Alina Bostan says:

I've been obsessed with watching Suits, so much that I got through all the episodes & now I've got to wait until January for the new ones. I'm also loving a NARS base but it's the Tinted Moisturiser x

Beauty with charm

5. Lucie Adela says:

omg Nashville is just YASSSSSSSS!

Lucie xx
    ​​
    LucieLovesIt.com

6. I love Humans of New York. Such great inspiration you get from people's stories!

Dora

7. sheer glow is the best foundation ever. my love of week has been mac so chaude. wore it every single day.
    β₯

loovelle.blogspot.com

8. Lissy Hayes says:

I love Humans of New York! I think the concept is amazing and I love reading about peoples stories!

love, lissy @ lissyhayes.co.uk

9. Esther Maris says:

I discovered Humans of New York way 2 years ago and I can't believe how much it grew into a very beautiful and inspiring page. πŸ™‚

10. I love The Haute Mess, it always has something interesting to read!
    Have a good day, lovely xx

selenaponcestyle.blogspot.com.es

11. Lisa says:

I just started watching IAMKARENO on youtube! So inspiring and I love fashion lookbooks vids! Lovely to read about your own weekly loves here!

This Damsel Loves Blog

12. I can't and will never get enough of HONY. My favorite instagram/facebook page! Unreal the stories he shares, I'm a huge fan!

N- Naomi in Wonderland

13. Lemontierres says:

I've heard a lot about 'Nashville'. Maybe I should give it a go after all.. X!

14. I am sooo obsessed with Humans of New York, but I follow it on Facebook. I seriously check it every day. I love the stories since it's about real people. :]

// β–² itsCarmen.com β–²

15. Great post. I love keeping up to date with HONY posts they're just so magical!

16. Thanks for sharing all these! checking out the haute mess now and I am loving it!

lifeisashoe

17. Haven't heard of The Haute Mess yet so I will be sure to take a look at the site and haven't ever watched Nashville but maybe my southern side (I'm from Virginia) would love it.

Rae | Love from Berlin

18. Angela says:

Great recommendations. My favorite series is Suits but since it's during a break right now, I need to find another show, will look into Nashville!

Would love if you check out my blog! Just followed you on twitter and bloglovin πŸ™‚
    Raincouver Beauty

19. Humans of New York – I love everything they share. I got really behind on Nashville but I was enjoying it

Jenn | Jennifer Jayne

20. Kiara King says:

A fabulous weekly highlights! TV series, a great website, Instagram account and beauty product are the best ways to while away the day. I adore Humans of NY – it brings me back down to Earth and I'm constantly inspired by everyday struggles and strength. It's just what we need, I think.

PS. Totally need to try NARS Sheer Glow – how have I not?!

Kiara xx // http://www.lioninthewild.com

• I completely agree, I think reading Humans of NY regularly really keeps me grounded.
      Oh definitely give Sheer Glow a try, it's trumped any other foundation I've ever tried!

21. phoebe says:

I was really enjoying watching 'Under the dome' but alas the powers that be have decided to not continue it for another season. So annoying when I see shows get renewed that I think can't possibly drag out any more episodes when ones I think have so much more potential get cancelled. Oh well maybe Nashville will fill the void. BTW I love the stories of Humans of New York too. It makes me look at strangers differently and reminds me how connected we all really are.

22. Helen Chik says:

Great suggestions! I haven't watched nashville yet but looks like I need to start!

Hope you'll check out my page and let me know your thoughts! I love meeting new bloggers xx

Helen xx

23. Ah hun, this is such a lovely post – can you believe that I haven't watched any series yet…since Desperate Housewives and Prison Break I haven't really followed anything! Must get watching again! πŸ™‚

24. Danielle says:

love nashville! really like sheer glow as well πŸ™‚

danielle | avec danielle

25. Loving your blog lady! I ADORE Humans of new york too. Also a massive NARS fan, their liquid highlighters are incredible.

we are dannah | australian lifestyle blog

xo

26. thank you for sharing dear…
    instagram.com/grace_njio

Although I've heard of the the Instagram account 'Humans of New York', I'm yet to visit.. time to take myself there now! πŸ™‚

28. Selene says: