How To Get The Dreamy Look

charlotte tilbury review

Charlotte Tilbury- The Dreamy Look collection

Do you ever just get stuck in a makeup rut and realise that you’ve been using the same products over and over again? Or you buy different products but somehow seem to always end up creating the same kinds of looks? This happens to me all the time.

So when I was asked whether or not I wanted to try and recreate the Charlotte Tilbury Dreamy Look  that’s inspired by the effortless beauty of supermodels, did I jump at the chance? Yep, I jumped so high I practically touched the moon (Disclaimer: I am prone to major exaggeration). But honestly, I really needed an excuse to change up my routine and leave my makeup comfort zone and this was exactly the kick in the pants I needed. The eye palette from this collection houses shades a little warmer than I was used to and the lipstick is a little pinker than what I would usually go for, and that’s exactly what I love about this collection- it’s a change. With my makeup brushes at the ready, I was determined to recreate the dreamy look and get myself excited about trying different makeup products again.

charlotte tilbury dreamy look collection review

The Legendary Muse Eye Palette-

In the effort to get that dreamy look, I aimed to create a soft, slightly smokey eye that opened up my naturally hooded eyes (lucky me) and made them look bigger, as opposed to the traditional dark smokey eye that makes my eyes look smaller. I started with the *Legendary Muse palette which comes with four pigmented, super blendable shades that are actually labeled as ‘Prime,’ ‘Enhance,’ ‘Smoke’ and Pop’ so that you don’t even have to think about how to pair the shades together. Saying that, I was going for something a little different this time around so I opted out of using the more yellow gold-toned ‘enhance’ shade and went straight for the other shadows from the palette.

charlotte tilbury beauty blog review

Using the palette:

1.) I applied the golden peachy ‘Prime’ shade all over my lid and into the crease, almost all the way up to my brow bone and then down my lower lash line as well to subtly smoke things out.

2.) Next I took the taupe, soft eggplant ‘Smoke’ shadow into the outer half of my crease with a tapered brush, blending down onto the outer third of the lid as well. I then blended the same shade down my lower lash line to balance out the shadows on my lid.

3.) A gorgeous olive green, shimmery golden shade, I popped the ‘Pop’ shade (no pun intended) anywhere on my lid that I wanted to draw attention to.4.) Done!

The Liner and Mascara-
I’d never used any Charlotte Tilbury liners before but I tested out the *Rock ‘N’ Kohl liner in ‘Bedroom Black’ and I can see why so many people love these.
To be perfectly honest I’m awful when it comes to applying pencil liners, I much prefer using a liquid or gel formula because I find those to be more precise, but these liners are so creamy that I can rub my brush on the liner to pick up product and basically apply as normal from there.
If you find pencil liners to not be sharp or precise enough for you, then this is a really great trick.
Using my brush I pushed the liner into my upper lash line, starting from about where my pupil is and working my way out to give the effect of bigger, more awake and open, defined eyes.
I then packed on the *Legendary Lashes mascara and it did everything I want a mascara to do, it separated and lengthened my lashes amazingly and it even gave them a little bit of a volume kick as well. I would happily call this my all time favourite mascara but unfortunately the formula sometimes transfers so that lets this mascara down in my opinion.

charlotte tilbury review

The Lips-

I’m one of those people that tends to either wear eyeshadow or a lipstick but not really the two at once. I realise that sounds a bit odd and maybe it’s something I do that no one else does? Often when I do my eye makeup I just like all of the focus to be on my eyes and it’s the same but vise versa when it comes to lipsticks. So pairing the *’Secret Salma’ Hot Lips lipstick with this look was definitely out of my comfort zone (as tame as that may sound.)A gorgeous deep rose lipstick, Secret Salma is a shade that I think would flatter most skin tones and it really surprised me. I realised that sometimes it’s nice to create a balance between a gorgeous lipstick and your eye makeup, so I don’t have to shy away and always just choose one or the other like I used to.

PS, the little embossed lips on these Hot Lips lipsticks was much appreciated by me!

While I’m not expecting a makeup collection to transform me into a supermodel any time soon, I loved how soft all of the shades from this collection were and how each product on it’s own still really packed a punch. I may not be a supermodel (and I’ll most likely never be a supermodel) but I did feel excited to try new makeup combinations and to create more soft, smoked out looks in future. If a makeup collection can get me excited about makeup again and out of my rut, then that’s pretty impressive in my books.

beauty blog review

What did you think of this look? Do you get stuck in makeup ruts as well?

*Gifted for review purposes, all opinions are my own and this is not a sponsored post, however links are affiliate links.

107 responses to “How To Get The Dreamy Look”

1. Elishia says:

I love Charlotte Tilbury products!! And this look is gorgeous on you, very English Rose!

2. sachie says:

Such a gorgoeus look! This kit is definitely on my wishlist!

sachie | lovelycomplex.net

3. A dreamy look definitely sounds like a good idea! The colors are just gorgeous!

Stephanie ● Sartorial Diner

4. Yiotou_La says:

Love the look! I haven't tried any Charlotte Tilbury product before. The lipstick shade is so beautiful and suits your skin tone really well! 🙂

Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

5. Charlotte Tilbury is certainly on my wishlist !! xx

6. Love this dreamy look – have not tried any of Charlotte Tilbury's products before but the colours are just gorgeous!

Miriam

7. Your first paragraph simply explains me, I am exactly like that! That effortless makeup looks beautiful and I really like that deep rose lipstick, it is pretty!

Ela BellaWorld

8. Julia Bluhm says:

I am in a constant makeup rut, hahha. I always wear the same makeup look for weeks on end. I definitely could use some more change, hahah. Anyways, this looks so great! And your tutorial was so clear, and your photos so polished! Overall great post, girl! Glad you took a chance and tried something new!
    Julia || Julia in Bluhm

9. Cherie Koh says:

Love the palette! Well to be honest, on a daily basis and going to work I wear zero eye makeup as my eyes get so dry and I always end up rubbing and smudging it away! On the weekends though, I do love my sparkles and the whole dreamy look… love how the lipsticks look on you 🙂

Cherie | sinonym

10. Lisa S. says:

Oh wow, that collection definitely deserves its name. It´s all so gorgeous and dreamy. The lipstick would be a bit too pink for my liking but it suits you really well. But that palette is going on my wish list in a second. How pretty can eyeshadows be?
    xx Lisa | Following Lisa

11. So so pretty, Love the look and the CT products are just divine! I always get stuck in the same old makeup routine as I tend to like minimal makeup and once I find products I love I just keep reaching for them. I need to reach out and use some more of my stash and change things up a bit more.

Nicole xx | http://www.nicolesbeautybabble.com

• I've started setting out some new makeup I'd like to try the night before and I find it's really helpful in terms of getting me to use different products in the morning!

12. Ana Picazzo says:

I think you perfectly achieved the dreamy look! I feel like I need to change up my makeup because as you said, even thought I use different products I end up looking the same.
    I will totally try to step out of my comfort zone and try something new! Thanks for the inspiration!
    Ana
    Indie Suns | Bloglovin' | Instagram

13. omg this looks good and so dreamy. secret salma is so booming lately and i agree it's so pretty! would be perfect for everyone. what a lovely set, the whole thing <3

14. This is such a dreamy post, the photos are stunning and makeup is just perfect. Gotta love the Tilbs!

Elle

Ah, everything with Charlotte Tilbury's name on is pure magic! I love this gentle look on you, especially the way in which you've used the eye palette 🙂 Gorgeous!

Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice x

16. I was recently gifted Secret Salma and I have to say, its such a lovely shade, and it looks effortless on you. Have a lovely day 🙂

tipscapsule.blogspot.com

17. Dora says:

This is such a gorgeous look on you!
    Dora

18. This palette is dreamy and the finished look is gorgeous!

theButter.co.uk

19. Blissy Joyce says:

I haven't tried any products from this brand before. Will definitely check them out when I get the chance.

Joyce | Joycentricity

20. Daniela says:

You look beautiful and that quad is absolutely gorgeous! It's good to get out of our comfort zone sometimes! x

Daniela | MissNewBeauty.net

21. Tina Phan says:

These colors look so beautiful on you!

Tina

22. Charlotte says:

I can't get over how beautiful the set is and how beautiful you are as well! Everything in this post is just beautiful haha!
    Charlotte // http://www.charlottespicks.com

23. Oh this look is so pretty on you, definitely good to step out of the comfort zone sometimes too. Really suits you 🙂

The Makeup Directory

24. Wow, everything looks Amazing!

Love,

Lucrezia ♥ (http://www.lucreziacandelori.com)

25. I was lucky enough to get this palette as a birthday gift and I love it so much! The warmer shades are a bit out of my comfort zone too, but once I started experimenting with it I saw how easy it really is to wear and how beautiful each of the shades is. Especially the gold glitter!

littlehenrylee.net

26. i just love charlotte tilbury make up so much. the palette looks amazing and perfect for a day to day use.

loovelle.blogspot.com

27. Love it, thanks so much for sharing.

Patricia / Patricia Stelmach

28. Babes your make up looks stunning and I'm loving the look of that mascara! I'm the BIGGEST CT fan, my favourite products are her Glaston-berry matte lipstick and the Dolce Vita quad palette.

Hayley xo

29. Absolutely love this post and this makeup palette looks divine. Love the way that you have recreated this look. I need to try this mascara. x

franklyflawless.com

• If it didn't transfer then the formula of the mascara would be absolutely spot on! It is really brilliant for lengthening though, one of the best I've tried in terms of that.

30. So pretty, the lip colour looks perfect for this time of year. Gorgeous airy photos too lovely

http://www.Barely There Beauty.com | British-Korean Beauty & Lifestyle blog

31. Really nice makeup look, I'd love to try some CT makeup one day, especially lipsticks! 🙂

Margaux

32. Wow what lovely colours and so elegant. I am yet to try CT makeup, I will have to take a closer look at these next time I'm shopping..

Pinar

Firstly, I just wanted to say that your photos are really beautiful of you and the products. The products themselves look so elegantly packaged, I really like it when companies spend that little extra on packaging, it makes me enjoy my purchase so much more, especially if it was a bit pricey. All the colours look lovely on you but they look like they would suit a lot of different skin tones:)

• Thank you Phoebe! I really appreciate it when companies package their products really nicely as well, it makes everything feel just that little more special doesn't it? 🙂

34. Ooooh this is absolutely beautiful and looks gorgeous on you – perfect for this time of year with Autumn, the colours are super pretty and it really is a gorgeous look!

Hope you're well hun, looking forward to seeing more! 🙂

35. Richel V. says:

The palette is stunning and the colors look so good on you!

xx, Richel Goes Places

36. Hannah says:

This look is right up my alley! You look gorgeous x

hannahsnotebook.net

37. Been seeing so much of Charlotte Tilbury products. I'm pretty sure it's a great brand! But since I don't wear make-up, I don't get to try them but definitely will, someday.

Love, Fads
    InstagramTwitter

38. Aditi says:

if there's one brand thats always on my wishlist, its charlotte tilbury. sometimes i think that its just the gorgeous packaging that does me in but also the colours are so lovely and the quality always seems top notch! i love the look you created here, dreamy indeed!

Aditi | https://lifeasaditi.wordpress.com

39. Eloise Alice says:

I adore charlotte tilbury and her products so much and ive been so interested in this new look. no shock it looks gorgeous!

40. Beckie says:

Charlotte Tilbury just has the most beautiful packaging ever! I don't own any of the products but they are all definitely on my wishlist!!

41. Brooke says:

I have never tried these products before but they look beautiful! I will have to try them out. 🙂

Brooke | http://www.beautydecorandmore.com

42. I have the same mascara and lipstick and I totally recommend it! it's such a good brand.

The Fashion Matters- Travel & Fashion blog | Instagram: TheFashionMatters

43. Same here! I either do eyeshadow or lipstick, and if I'm doing both, I make sure to keep at least one low key! Xx

44. I love this post! I definitely want to try that eye pallet! You're so gorgeous by the way 🙂

xoxo,
    Lauren Lindmark
    dailydoseofcharm.com

45. The Nerdy Me says:

This is such a lovely look! In love with the palette as well 🙂

-Leta | The Nerdy Me

46. Honey says:

I love the color of that lipstick! also, the packaging is amazing 😀

xo Honey – blog Royal LifestyleTwitterInstagram

47. Ohhh I really need to add some CT to my beauty collection!! I think I may ask for this one for christmas!!

Mel x || Loads of Lifestyle

48. I saw a lot of this pallette, I would like to buy one of it!

Kisses, DadieB. ~
    dadiebradshaw.com

49. The eyeshadow palette is so beautiful!! Perfect look for everyday!!

Mel | http://www.thegossipdarling.com

50. Nicole Hurst says:

Oh this palette looks lovely!!I will be adding this one to the christmas list!!

http://www.nicoleannx.co.uk/ xx

51. Your blog is just dreamy! I'm swooning over every stunning photograph! How glam is CT?!I'm just inlove! xoxo Shahrzad

52. Tanya Dufour says:

I have never tried Charlotte Tilbury makeup before but I hear nothing but great things! I love the color in that eyeshadow palette and that lipstick is definitely a great everyday color that I can see looking great on many different people. I have hooded eyes as well so I've had to learn what to do and not to do when applying makeup. I'm still learning! Thanks for sharing your thoughts on these products!

53. Loved these palettes. would like to include in my makeup kit. Generally, I prefer for dark colors on the eyes, as it gives a perfect look to my eyes.

melissa@revitol eye cream

54. Very informative. Thanks for sharing such an interesting information really helped a lot.
    Skin Brightener Cream 🙂

55. In your dazzling look, your glowing skin has the main role and to keep that glow on, it's really necessary to choose wisely for skin.

56. It is important to take care of your skin. Every one wants good skin that will makes your skin more glow.