Lipsticks To Love On The Daily

every day neutral lipsticks for pale skin

Let’s just cut to the chase. If there was a fire and I was only able to pick 4 lipsticks, this would be them. I mean, let’s just forget about the fact that my priorities are obviously skewed if my house is burning down and I’m just standing on the front lawn holding 4 little lipsticks…can you imagine? I mean I love beauty but man, that’s just sad. Enough of my antics though, let’s get on to the lipsticks I reach for just about every day:

charlotte tilbury hot lips review beauty blogger

Charlotte Tilbury ‘Kim K.W’ lipstick*

I’ll admit, I bought this on a whim while I was overseas because I may or may not have been in one of those “I’m overseas I’m so excited let’s just buy everything in sight and pretend like my bank account isn’t declining rapidly” moods. Y’all know that mood.

I am the furthest thing from Kim K.W’s skin colouring so I imagined this was going to look atrocious on me but nope, it’s shockingly flattering on my pale skin.

Like most Charlotte Tilbury lipsticks this is quite a rich, pigmented lipstick so I only apply a little and then press my lips together to spread things around evenly and the result is a nude that dances perfectly on the line somewhere between a pink and a peach nude. Formula-wise this is creamy but not so creamy that I can get away with skipping lip balm so I’d definitely recommend prepping your lips before applying.

the sunday mode beauty blogger

L’Oreal ‘Nourishing Nude’ Colour Riche Balm

This is the first ever nude’ish lipstick (it’s technically a balm?) that I thought actually suited me and it definitely opened me up to the world of nude lipsticks.

It’s a very subtle, peach-toned nude with a hint of pink that really compliments my fair skin and lends well to basically any eye look because it’s so neutral. Whenever I do a new eye makeup look and I’m left thinking “what the hell lip shade will suit this?” I’ll always go for this. If you’re in a rush this a great one as well because it’s got a very creamy formula which means you can literally put this on without anything else and you don’t have to give it a second thought. It’s also super afforable which is a huge plus in my books. My only issue? It isn’t sold in Australia! Come on Australia, get your shit together.

mac lipstick review every day neutral

MAC ‘Patisserie’ lipstick

In all honesty I’ve had this for so long that it’s probably time to toss it and re-purchase but let’s just pretend I haven’t had this for a questionable amount of time and talk about how nice this shade is instead.

Such an underrated MAC lipstick in my opinion, it’s the closest shade I’ve ever found to my natural lip colour. It’s not a pink, it’s not a nude and it’s not a berry- it’s just somewhere in between those shades and that’s why I love it so much. This lipstick has the classic MAC formula which for me means it’s not drying but also not super creamy, so although the formula isn’t my favourite the shade itself completely makes up for that in my opinion.

burberry lipstick review beauty blogger melbourne

Burberry ‘English Rose’ lipstick

Dear Burberry English Rose lipstick, I am sorry that I forgot about you and accidentally pushed you to the back corner of my makeup drawer. No one puts Baby Burberry in the corner….

In all seriousness I think the ‘Burberry Kisses’ lipstick formula is my all time favourite out of any I’ve tried (and I’ve tried a lot of lipsticks). They’re pigmented, comfortable to wear and creamy but not too creamy (au revoir lip balm).

I reach the English Rose shade whenever I want to add a very natural pink/slight berry tint to the lips. This is a great everyday shade and it’s also a brilliant starter shade if you want to try something from the Burberry lip department.

What’s your favourite every day lipstick?

*Affiliate link

57 responses to “Lipsticks To Love On The Daily”

1. What a lovely post. I love CT as well as Mac lipsticks and i really want to invest in Burberry ones.

Ash | http://www.mstantrum.com

2. I've been eyeing up that CT lipstick as well but was worried it would look really bad on me! Will have to check it out now you've said it works for you xx

Sarah | More Than Adored

3. Sam Hodgett says:

Great posts! Love the shades, definitely need to give the burberry a try x
    Sam

4. Amy says:

These all sound really nice! That Burberry shade looks gorgeous ♥
    Amy xx

Little Moon Dragon

5. I have been seeing so many charlotte tilbury products on blogs lately! I would love to know where you get them?

• I bought that lipstick while I was in L.A last year but I know Australia has a Charlotte Tilbury website you can buy from. Plus you can just click on the link in my post! 🙂

6. You had me laughing within the first paragraph, absolutely love your writing style! I haven't been able to get my hands on these yet (uni budget ya know), but they all sound lovely. I've definitely got my eyes on the Charlotte Tilbury lipsticks though!

-Sophie xx
    Cherries & Perfume ♡

7. Seppy says:

Charlotte Tilbury in Pillowtalk – I'm obsessed (and since it was limited edition, I don't use it often to 'save' it haha) but otherwise my go-to (that I'm wearing right now) is Crème Cup by MAC with 'Edge to Edge' liner. It's quite pink but I love it!!

8. Liz says:

'Kim K-W' has been on my wishlist for a while – it's so pretty!

xo, Liz

9. I have wanted the Kim lipstick for so long now, I've actually never tried any of the Charlotte Tilbury lipsticks! I think this needs to be rectified ASAP… I also love the sound of MAC's Patisserie too. I'll try and hunt down all these lipsticks next time I'm in town and try them out!
    Brigitte x

brigittehayley.com | youtube.com/brigittehayley

10. Roksana says:

haha I love you're writing style, you have an awesome sense of humor 😀

I'm eyeing up the Burberry lipstick, it's sooo pretty!

Roksana http://www.beatsofbeauty.com

11. All such gorgeous shades! Still yet to own anything from Charlotte Tilbury, think this lipstick will be one of my first purchases aha!
    Nicole Nicoleannx xx

12. Oooh I Love Loreal! Beautiful colour – have you tried the Smashbox Matte lipstick, that's beautiful too and non-drying! 🙂

• I haven't! I actually haven't ever tried anything from Smashbox come to think of it…I'll have a look for that the next time I go shopping. Thanks Layla 🙂

That Charlotte Tilbury shade is SO gorgeous – the perfect nude! Haha, totally relating to spending much more when travelling/on holiday.

aglassofice.com

14. Lauren says:

These are all so pretty. That Burberry one is especially beautiful.

15. I've always had my eye on English Rose by Burberry, it looks so pretty in this shot!

Leah x

16. Annabelle says:

These are all such lovely shades. Perfect with a nice natural look.

x Annabelle
    travelsandtea.com

17. RaeAbigael says:

I love all the shades so much! they look lovely! 🙂

xoxo, rae

18. Emma Murray says:

These all look so gorgeous! I need to get myself a lipstick which isn't nudey nude or very obvious that I've got something on hahahah need to find that perfect in between for me 🙂 I adore (like ADORE) the packaging of Charlotte Tilbury products, just so gorgeous ! 🙂 Em xx

19. mika says:

Oh gosh I can't imagine what I would try to pick if there was a fire! I would want to just throw my whole collection into a huge bag but they would definitely be damaged haha. The lipsticks you picked are so lovely! I adore the CT and Burberry so much as I have the same shades and they get a lot of love from me. I've always heard so much about that MAC shade but never picked it up! I love the color and anything that could mimic my original lip color is one I have to get. I've been favoring a more neutral and 'natural' look nowadays!

xoxo

• Haha I know right!

I'm not a fan of a bunch of MAC lipsticks but that's one shade that I think I'll always love because it's just so close to my normal lip colour!

20. Ooh Kim K.W. lipstick suits pale skins as well? I'm not usually very fond of nudes on myself, but for a moment you got me excited. I do like CT lipsticks a lot, but I much prefer the matte formula. I've been hearing a ton of good feedback from Burberry lipsticks and I've been eyeing the English Rose, I think I need to add a Kisses formula in my cart next time I'm shopping with Burberry. Beautiful post! xx

Laura / http://lauraloukola.net/blog

They all look like gorgeous shades. I do love lipsticks/ lipbalms – I hate to think how much lipstick I have ingested over the years! I would love to try all of them, you have made them very enticing to me 🙂 have a favourite Revlon colour that they have stopped making where I live so I stock up when I travel and I buy a no 7 lip pencil (nude) in bulk when I travel cos I can't purchase it here either.
    BTW, lovely clear photos of the lipsticks too, your photography skills are really amping up 🙂

• Oh my god yes! I don't even want to think about how much lipstick I've accidentally licked off and eaten throughout the years :/

My mum loves that no.7 lip pencil too! It looks really good on her and sometimes that makes me want to buy it as well.

Thank you for your comments on my photography too! I'm always trying to improve that so its really nice of you to notice 🙂

22. Honey_R.L. says:

MAC and Burberry look great! These are everyday colors but not plain and boring 🙂

xo Honey – blog Royal LifestyleTwitterInstagram

23. Love this post! I'm in the market for some more 'everyday' lipsticks so I'm off to check all these out ASAP, haha! And as a side note, Charlotte Tilbury has fast become my favourite beauty brand – so many to die for products.

Ashleigh x

• Oh man I feel the exact same way, I've got a thing for CT products at the moment. It's actually kind of good that we don't have any CT counters in Australia, otherwise I swear I'd end up buying so much stuff from there…

24. I actually use lip glow now.
    But I do have a nude/pink by Tom Ford that I like to wear as well.
    Lip balms are my go to!
    I love burberry lipstick – I really love their glow product too.
    Love your no one puts burberry in the corner – you are too funny.
    Kiri
    Set to Glow

25. Karen says:

Oh I love these lipstick shades! I've definitely heard lots about MAC's Patisserie so I don't think it's too underrated (although it is underrated compared to the popular Velvet Teddy!). Charlotte Tilbury lipsticks are so gorgeous, the shade is pretty but would be too light for my pigmented lips unfortunately!

• True! I think I just haven't heard anyone talk about Patisserie in a while because the 90s brown/y pink lips came into fashion and it seemed like that's all anyone was interested in!

26. I love CT lipsticks.. these are my go-to lippies at the mo..
    Becca | theBeautyInbox

27. I love CT lipsticks too! I really want to try that Burberry lipstick. It looks gorgeous!

Emma | Rosy Disposition

28. i also think the Kim KW shade is surprisingly easy to wear considering you think it's going to be very pale. Never tried Burberry lipsticks, but now I have one on my list 🙂